The 2016 NMJCL Convention will be held at Albuquerque Academy on Saturday, April 23rd, from 9:00 AM to 4:30 PM. This year’s theme will be Perseus and the motto, “per aspera ad astra.” More information will follow.
Use the following registration forms to become part of the NMJCL!
- Chapter Registration
- Additional Members (to register individuals in addition to those included with the Chapter Registration)
- Register with the National Junior Classical League –www.njcl.org/pages/forms
- Postmark your NMJCL registration forms by January 1st so that your students may fully participate in the NMJCL Convention (see section 3.5 below)
- Sponsors need to also register with the American Classical League – www.aclclassics.org
>> If you have any questions about how to register, please contact the NMJCL Parliamentarian at email@example.com
(From the NMJCL Constitution)
ARTICLE III. MEMBERSHIP
3.1 Chapter Membership
A. A Chapter will consist of five or more members.
B. A local chapter may become a Chapter of NMJCL by paying both NMJCL annual chapter dues and any annual chapter membership dues required by NJCL. A Chapter must have a Sponsor of NMJCL as an advisor.
3.2 Student Membership
A. A student whose local club is an NMJCL Chapter may become a Member of NMJCL by paying both NMJCL annual student dues and any annual student dues required by NJCL.
B. A student whose local club is not an NMJCL Chapter may become a Member-at-Large of NMJCL by paying any NMJCL annual Member-at-Large dues and any annual Member-at-Large membership dues required by NJCL.
C. Each student Member or Member-at-Large should be currently enrolled in a classical language or classical humanities course or should have completed two years of such. Membership may be granted to other students at the discretion of each student’s Sponsor.
3.5 Good Standing
A. In order for an NMJCL Chapter to be in good standing, all required dues of chapter membership must be postmarked by January 20th. A Chapter which is not in good standing will lose the following rights: to vote at the NMJCL Convention; to sponsor a candidate for state office; and to induct members into the National Latin Honor Society.
B. In order for an NMJCL student Member to be in good standing, all required dues of student membership must be postmarked by January 20th. If the student is a member of an NMJCL Chapter, then that Chapter also must be in good standing. A student who is not in good standing will lose the following rights: to be a Voting Delegate or participate in Chapter caucus at the NMJCL Convention; to run for state office; to propose amendments to the NMJCL Constitution or By-laws; and to join the National Latin Honor Society.
It’s time to register for the 2015 Convention, to be held at Bosque School on Saturday, March 14th from 10:00 AM – 3:30 PM. Info and materials can be found below.
The newsletter of the NMJCL is back after 45 years in suspended animation. Thanks to the efforts of our newly-elected editor, Erika Lines, the newsletter is looking better than ever. The Fall newsletter can be read by following this link.
Welcome to the New Mexico Junior Classical League website!
- The NMJCL is a state chapter of the National Junoir Classical League (www.njcl.org), promoting cooperation among local chapters, establishing a basis for order, and better uniting our membership. The purpose of the NMJCL is the advancement of the Classics in the state of New Mexico.
- Subscribe to our Quid novī page using a RSS feed and keep informed about the NMJCL!
- Check out our convention video! Go to the 2013 convention page.
Thank you for visiting NMJCL.org and showing your interest in the Classics!
We have released the 2014 NMJCL convention packet! Here are a few important things:
- The convention date is April 12th, 2014
- The convention time is from 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
- The convention location is Bosque School, Albuquerque, NM
- As with last year, membership with the NMJCL is NOT required to participate in the convention. (However, to run for office or to vote, membership is required.)
- The deadline for registration is March 3rd, 2014 after which we ask that you please email us.
Let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you at the convention in February!
The NMJCL Board
The time and location of the 2014 NMJCL Convention has been released. Here are the details, mark your calendars!
2014 NMJCL Convention
Where: Bosque School
When: April 12th, 2014
Present Your Scholarship at the Convention!
Have you written a paper, or completed a project, on a classical theme? We would love for you to present your work at this year’s convention. Submit your paper, or a detailed description of your project, to Mr. Fraser (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 1st. Up to four papers/projects will be selected for presentation at this year’s student colloquium. (Presentations may be up to eight minutes in length.)